Salt kjøtt or salted meat is often eaten with raspeball and swede purée or with a onion sauce and potatos. I recommend trying it with raspeball and swede purée if it’s your first time eating this Norwegian classic.
1 kg of sliced Lamb shank
1 dl of salt
- Rub salt on the meat until alle the slices of meat is covered. Use 1 dl or around 6-7 tsp of salt pr. kg of meat.
- Put it in an container in the fridge over night.
- Wash of the salt in cold water.
- Put on large saucepan of water to boil and add the meat. Important to not use salt in the water when cooking the meat.
- Lower the heat, let it simmer for 2 hour. If you want to serve it with potato dumplings (raspeball) they need around 45 min of simmering.