This is a thick, rich soup with mellow and kid-friendly flavors. This delicious soup will warm you up after a long day in the Norwegian woods or in the mountains. For a vegetarian version just use vegetable stock insted of beef stock.
- 60 g butter
- 40 g flour
- 1 smal onion, peeled, finely sliced
- 2 l of beef stock or vegetable Stock
- 1 Slice of swede, peeled, chopped
- 1 Slice of celery root (celeriac), peeled, chopped
- 1 Carrot, peeled, chopped
- 1 Root parsley, peeled, chopped
- A pinch of cayenne
- Melt the butter in a large pot, and cook the finely sliced onion until lightly browned.
- Stir inn the flour
- Add the stock a little each time. Pour then stir. Pour then stir.
- Add the cleaned and chopped vegetables.
- Cook until the vegetables are fork tender.
- Transfer the soup to a blender, and blend until smooth. Return to pot. Season with cayenne, salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Time: 1 hour